You’re probably aware of just how important your skin is to your appearance, but did you know that your skin is also a reflection of your overall health?
When your skin is dull, dry and discolored, or you have problems like eczema, acne, rosacea or premature aging, it’s a sign that something is out of balance within your body. And common skin care regimens can actually be damaging your skin and your internal health!
Here are 4 of the most common skincare mistakes:
- Upsetting your skin’s delicate pH (making you more prone to acne and accelerated skin aging).
- Disrupting your skin’s microbiome (the natural balance of microorganisms on the skin that affect skin health).
- Causing endocrine-disrupting hormone imbalances (the last thing we want to do as we age!)
- Creating “skinflammation” with the most common foods we eat.
Here are 4 simple steps to take today to avoid these common skincare mistakes:
- Take a closer look at your skincare products and find alternatives that promote skin health. Avoid ingredients such as triclosan, parabens, and synthetic fragrances.
- For sun protection, use zinc oxide-based sunblocks instead of oxybenzone.
- Internally, limit or avoid processed foods and sugar. Instead, eat nutrient-rich foods like colorful fruits and veggies.
- Learn how to get better skin and how to protect yourself and your loved ones from common skin health traps from the experts at the Glowing Skin Summit, which runs from April 27 – May 4, 2015. It is completely virtual and there is no cost to attend, so you can learn from the comfort of your own home.
At the Glowing Skin Summit, you will learn secrets, wisdom and cutting-edge information from 35 of the world’s top wellness, nutrition, hormone and skin experts. They’ll teach you the best natural (and least invasive) treatments for glowing skin and vibrant health!
Dr. Jen is one of the amazing speakers. She’ll be talking about how hormones play a role in acne and new research on how to get to the causes of acne. Click here to attend.
Dr. Trevor Cates was the first woman licensed as a naturopathic doctor in California. She has become known as “The Spa Dr.” because of her affiliation with world-renowned spas and her specialty in an integrative approach to hormone balance, healthy aging and skin. Click here to learn more.